Drivers transport clients to and from medical or service agency appointments. They also deliver food packages to homebound clients when necessary.
General duties include:
- Logging the client appointment details as advised by a scheduling coordinator
- Contacting clients the day before their appointment to verify desired pickup time and destination addresses
- Transporting the client to and from their medical or service appointment; target destinations are generally within a 20 mile radius of downtown Gaithersburg
Requirements for Volunteer Drivers
Our volunteer drivers:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have an active US driver’s license in good standing (a chauffeur’s license is not required)
- Since drivers will use their own vehicles for client appointments, your vehicle must be registered in Maryland, and have vehicle insurance with personal auto liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000
- A background and MVA (Motor Vehicle Administration) check is required. This is done online and takes about 5 minutes to complete
Providing even one ride a month is a tremendous help!
Join our Transportation team by submitting a Volunteer Application today!
A volunteer coordinator or a member of our Transportation team will contact you within 24 hours to answer your questions. Should you decide to join us, our Transportation director will meet with you and quickly walk you through the sign-up process.