The most thorough and up-to-date website is Gaithersburg City – Community Support During Coronavirus
- Montgomery County Information Line — 311
- City Community Services — 301-258-6395
- The Gilchrist Center — 240-777-4940
- Maryland COVID-19 Testing Sites
- VITA tax preparation — 240-777-1123 – VITA is scheduling virtual appointments for 2020 tax return preparation. Visit: Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers
- NON (Neighborhood Opportunity Network) — 240-773-1151
Rent/Utility: Gaithersburg HELP can NOT help directly with rent/utilities. Clients should first call their landlords/utility companies to try to work out payment. Then they can call:
- Safety Net program at Family Services – 301-840-3240
- City of Gaithersburg Community Services – 301-258-6395
- Montgomery County HHS – 240-777-4550 or 240-777-0311
NOTE: Clients must already be LATE on rent, but don’t need an eviction notice.
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) – 240-777-4450
- The COVID-19 Rent Relief Program has reopened. Visit the program website (English /Español) for more information.
- WSSC Financial Assistance with Water and Sewer Bills — 301-206-4001
- Gaithersburg CARES Hub – 301-793-3321
- Montgomery Village Resource Center (MVRC) – contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Drive-throughs and walk-ins at 701 Russell Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 in the Lake Forest Mall, by the entrance between Macy’s and Sears.
- Manna — 301-424-1130
- MCMF (Muslim Found. Food Bank) — 301-825-3657
- Lord’s Table Brown Bags 12:30-1:30pm, Epworth UMC, 9008 Rosemont Dr.
- WIC (Women, Infant & Children) — 301-840-8339
- SNAP (Food Stamps HHS) — 240-777-3420
- P-EBT (Pandemic- Electronic Benefit Transfer)
- Nourish Now is doing off-site distributions Monday-Friday (multiples sites a day, first come first serve). Please check out the Nourish Now website to see the distribution sites including times and addresses
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Food Resources
- The County just launched a new online form that any resident can use to receive food assistance
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
- Women Who Care Ministries (WWCM) – WWCM provides weekend meals to low-income children and families. Food distribution is every Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please visit WWCM’s page frequently for up-to-date information on food distribution sites.