The most thorough and up-to-date website is Gaithersburg City – Community Support During Coronavirus
- Montgomery County Information Line — 311
- City Community Services — 301-258-6395
- The Gilchrist Center — 240-777-4940
- Maryland COVID-19 Testing Sites
- VITA tax preparation — 240-777-1123 – VITA is scheduling virtual appointments for 2020 tax return preparation.
- NON (Neighborhood Opportunity Network) — 240-773-1151
Rent/Utility: Gaithersburg HELP can NOT help directly with rent/utilities. Clients should first call their landlords/utility companies to try to work out payment. Then they can call:
- Safety Net program at Family Services – 301-840-3240
- City of Gaithersburg Community Services – 301-258-6395
- Montgomery County HHS – 240-777-4550 or 240-777-0311
NOTE: Clients must already be LATE on rent, but don’t need an eviction notice.
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) – 240-777-4450
- The COVID-19 Rent Relief Program has reopened. Visit the program website (English /Español) for more information.
- Gaithersburg CARES Hub – 301-258-6395
- Montgomery Village Resource Center (MVRC) – contact via email: email@example.com. Drive-throughs and walk-ins at 701 Russell Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 in the Lake Forest Mall, by the entrance between Macy’s and Sears.
- Manna — 301-424-1130
- MCMF (Muslim Found. Food Bank) — 301-825-3657
- Lord’s Table Brown Bags 12:30-1:30pm, Epworth UMC, 9008 Rosemont Dr.
- WIC (Women, Infant & Children) — 301-840-8339
- SNAP (Food Stamps HHS) — 240-777-3420
- P-EBT (Pandemic- Electronic Benefit Transfer)
- Nourish Now is doing off-site distributions Monday-Friday (multiples sites a day, first come first serve). Please check out the Nourish Now website to see the distribution sites including times and addresses
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Food Resources
- The County just launched a new online form that any resident can use to receive food assistance
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
- Manna is providing weekend backpack meals at Gaithersburg Elementary School and Quince Orchard High School, FRIDAYS only, 11am-1pm
- Women Who Care Ministries (WWCM) – WWCM provides weekend meals to low-income children and families. Food distribution is every Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please visit WWCM’s page frequently for up-to-date information on food distribution sites.
- Starting on March 15, MCPS will provide curbside food service only in select schools. Breakfast and lunch will be provided from 11 am to 1 pm, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Tuesday MCPS will provide food for two days. On Friday, MCPS will provide food for three days. There will be no meal service on Wednesday. Distribution sites include:
- Elementary School – Brown Station
- High School – Gaithersburg