The most thorough and up-to-date website is Gaithersburg City – Community Support During Coronavirus
- Montgomery County Information Line — 311
- City Community Services — 301-258-6395
- The Gilchrist Center — 240-777-4940
- Maryland COVID-19 Testing Sites
- VITA tax preparation — 240-777-1123 – VITA is scheduling off-season tax appointments for 2018 and 2019 tax returns.
Rent/Utility: Gaithersburg HELP can NOT help directly with rent/utilities. Clients should first call their landlords/utility companies to try to work out payment. Then they can call:
- Safety Net program at Family Services – 301-840-3240
- City of Gaithersburg Community Services – 301-258-6395
- Montgomery County HHS – 240-777-4550 or 240-777-0311
NOTE: Clients must already be LATE on rent, but don’t need an eviction notice.
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) – 240-777-4450
View/Print MEAP flyers: English – Español
- Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is open now. Visit the program website (English /Español) for information on who is eligible and how to apply.
- Gaithersburg CARES Hub – 301-258-6395
- Manna — 301-424-1130
- MCMF (Muslim Found. Food Bank) — 301-825-3657
- Lord’s Table Brown Bags 12:30-1:30pm, Epworth UMC, 9008 Rosemont Dr.
- WIC (Women, Infant & Children) — 301-840-8339
- SNAP (Food Stamps HHS) — 240-777-3420
- P-EBT (Pandemic- Electronic Benefit Transfer)
- Nourish Now is doing off-site distributions Monday-Friday (multiples sites a day, first come first serve). Please check out www.nourishnow.org to see the distribution sites including times and addresses
- Montgomery County COVID-19 Food Resources
- The County just launched a new online form that any resident can use to receive food assistance
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
- Manna is providing weekend backpack meals at Gaithersburg Elementary School and Quince Orchard High School, FRIDAYS only, 11am-1pm
- Women Who Care Ministries (WWCM) – WWCM provides weekend meals to low-income children and families. Food distribution is every Friday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please visit WWCM’s page frequently for up-to-date information on food distribution sites.
- MCPS is providing curbside food service. Breakfast and lunch will be provided from 11 am to 1 pm, on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. The district is providing a triple meal service on Fridays, to help address food insecurity for MCPS students over the weekends. There is no meal service on Thursdays. Student names will be required to pick up food. Distribution sites include:
- Elementary School – Brown Station, Fields Road, Judith Resnick, South Lake, Strawberry Knoll Elementary, Summit Hall
- Middle School – Gaithersburg, Montgomery Village, Shady Grove
- High School – Gaithersburg
- NON (Neighborhood Opportunity Network) is CLOSED, but returning messages left at 240-773-1151