Gaithersburg HELP does not provide funds directly for rent or utility issues. We provide a block of funding to UMAN (Upper Montgomery Assistance Network) for these concerns. You may call UMAN, however, they will ask that you have gone to HHS (Health and Human Services) in Germantown first.
The most thorough and up-to-date website is Gaithersburg City – Community Support During Coronavirus
- Montgomery County Information Line — 311
- City Community Services — 301-258-6395
- The Gilchrist Center — 240-777-4940
- Maryland COVID-19 Testing Sites
Rent/Utility: Gaithersburg HELP can NOT help directly with rent/utilities. Clients should first call their landlords/utility companies to try to work out payment. Then they can call:
- Safety Net program at Family Services – 301-840-3240
- City of Gaithersburg Community Services – 301-258-6395
- Montgomery County HHS – 240-777-4550 or 240-777-0311
NOTE: Clients must already be LATE on rent, but don’t need an eviction notice.
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) – 240-777-4450
View/Print MEAP flyers: English – Español
- Gaithersburg CARES Hub – 301-258-6395
- Manna — 301-424-1130
- MCMF (Muslim Found. Food Bank) — 301-825-3657
- Lord’s Table Brown Bags 12:30-1:30pm, Epworth UMC, 9008 Rosemont Dr.
- WIC (Women, Infant & Children) — 301-840-8339
- SNAP (Food Stamps HHS) — 240-777-3420
- P-EBT (Pandemic- Electronic Benefit Transfer)
- Nourish Now is doing off-site distributions Monday-Friday (multiples sites a day, first come first serve). Please check out www.nourishnow.org to see the distribution sites including times and addresses
- Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
- MCPS Grab-n-Go meals 10am-12pm at these sites, Meal sites will operate as normal on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays, MCPS will provide two days’ worth of meals. On Thursdays, all meal sites will be closed. Meals will be provided from 10am-12pm.
- Elementary School – Brown Station, Judith Resnick, South Lake, Wash. Grove
- Middle School – Gaithersburg, Montgomery Village, Shady Grove
- High School – Gaithersburg
Manna is providing weekend backpack meals at Gaithersburg Elementary School and Quince Orchard High School, FRIDAYS only, 10am-12pm
- NON (Neighborhood Opportunity Network) is CLOSED, but returning messages left at 240-773-1151
- VITA tax prep is CLOSED