Gaithersburg HELP is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We serve all Gaithersburg-area residents in need, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race or religion. When you donate directly to Gaithersburg HELP, 98% of any funds that you contribute will go toward fulfilling client requests from one of our four major programs – and your donated funds are 100% tax deductible!
Gaithersburg HELP relies on community support to maintain our vital services. Your help is greatly appreciated – we simply could not do this important work without you.
To make a tax-deductible donation:
Make check payable to Gaithersburg HELP
301 Muddy Branch Road
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
By default, all contributions are applied to our general fund. If you would like to direct dollars for a specific program, please include a notation in your correspondence, designating a specific program – Food, Infant Needs, Prescription Funding or Transportation.
We also accept donations “In Memory” or “In Honor of” friends or loved ones.
Many organizations offer workplace contributions via payroll donations or matching gifts. If you would like to give to Gaithersburg HELP via a workplace campaign, please be sure to reference our campaign numbers when you fill out your donation card:
- United Way – #8432
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – #30374
While Gaithersburg HELP always appreciates financial support, donations of nonperishable food items are also welcome. Please do not donate any foods that require refrigeration. See the list of Food Items Currently Needed, and use the Contact form to schedule a drop-off at the Gaithersburg HELP Pantry, 301 Muddy Branch Rd. Select Topic/Category “Donate Food or Funds”, and provide your phone number in the message. There is usually someone at the Gaithersburg HELP Pantry Monday-Friday, 2pm-3pm, but it is best to coordinate first to let our Pantry Director know what food you wish to donate and how much.
To learn more about opportunities to help, including how you can host a food drive at your school or place of business, please visit our Partner With Us page.
What is Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on Amazon Smile, the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Setup for Amazon Smile
- Navigate to smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in to your Amazon account, or “Create your Amazon account” if you don’t already have one.
- When prompted to “Select a charitable organization”, type in Gaithersburg HELP, Inc., and press Enter, or click/tap the Search button.
- In the search results, next to Gaithersburg HELP, Inc., click/tap the Select button to confirm.
- Click/tap the checkbox next to “Yes, I understand that I must always start smile.amazon.com to support Gaithersburg HELP, Inc.”, then click/tap the Start Shopping button.
- If you have setup a bookmark, favorite or shortcut to Amazon.com be sure to change it to go to https://smile.amazon.com.
From then on, whenever you shop Amazon Smile, 0.5% of your purchase (most products are eligible) will be donated to Gaithersburg HELP!