Do you need a ride to a medical appointment or social service agency?
Gaithersburg HELP provides transportation
We can provide you with up to 18 rides per calendar year.
Our caring drivers will pick you up at your designated time, to get you to and from your destination in a timely manner.
Should a volunteer driver not be available, we may be able to provide you with a voucher to use for a taxi cab ride.
Our general guidelines are:
- You must be a senior, an adult with disabilities or otherwise unable to take public transportation
- You must be a Gaithersburg HELP service area resident
- Transportation scheduling is done by telephone. Please call with your ride request as soon as possible, between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, and at least 48 hours (2 business days) before transportation is needed. Sorry, we cannot serve you without adequate time to attempt to find a driver.
- You must be available by phone so we can verify your information before we schedule your ride.
- Your medical appointment or service agency destination must be within a 20 mile driving distance of downtown Gaithersburg.
- Taxi rides may only be granted for the local area (distances up to 10 miles) and only if we cannot find a volunteer driver for your ride. This effectively limits taxi destinations to Gaithersburg, Germantown, and North Rockville.
- Taxi rides are limited to one-way or round trip to and/or from a single destination, i.e. multiple stops are not permitted.
- Clients may receive up to 18 rides per calendar year.
- Rides are no cost to you, but you are responsible for any parking fees where applicable. Please be prepared to pay cash or credit/debit card for any facilities that charge for parking and do not validate.
Call us today at 301-216-2510 #2 if you are looking for transportation assistance.
We always recommend having backup transportation options for times when we are not able to help you and/or for when you need more than 18 rides per year. You may learn about other options by contacting the free referral source Connect-A-Ride (CAR) at 301-738-3252 or via email at connectaride@accessJCA.org.